Thursday, September 10, 2009

Money trees

*I can't find a picture but I will take one later and post it*

I never wanted to plant a money tree because it involves using a lot of your bells and I was obsessed with paying off my mortgage. Now that I have the last expansion to my house, I plan to take my time to pay that 948,000 bell mortgage.

If you have the bells to spare, chop down a tree by your house (chop down a tree = good chance of a tree growing and by your house = you can monitor it closely), and plant some bells. The secret is in the amount of bells you bury. The more you bury, let's say 99,000 bells, you'll have a 99% chance that bells will grow on a tree. If you buried 50,000 bells, you only a 50% chance. I think I tried to grow a money tree when I first started playing but only buried 2000 bells, yikes, that's a 2% chance, no wonder the tree didn't grow any bells.

Try it out and good luck!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips! Me gots a money tree now!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTF! Each bag on the money tree is 30,000 bells! WOWZERS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait - if there are three money bags (worth 30,000 bells) on a tree, that equals up to 90,000 bells. But I used 99,000 bells to plant my tree so that means that I am losing out on 9000 bells? Am I right or just retarded with math?

    How many bells do you use to plant your money trees?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes we're missing out on 9000 bells. I planted 99k too. Wait a sec, does that mean no more bells will grow now that I shook the tree?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Maureen: I am trying to think of how many days it takes for a tree to grow because I think I planted some bells and I am beginning to believe it did not turn into a money tree. What a waste of 99,000 bells. Hopefully I will see it tomorrow.

    I don't know if more bells will grown back after you shake it. I guess you will be the one to wait and find out. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe it takes around 3-4 days for the bells to grow once you plant them.

    I'll keep you posted if bells ever grow on my tree again. This morning, there was nothing! :( I believe it has not been 2-3 days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried planting a money tree before but I cheaped out and only used 1000 bells. I didn't know that it mattered. It grew into a tree, but no bells :(

    I will try this method when I get home!!

    ReplyDelete